MINOT AIR FORCE BASE, N.D. --
Did you know that year-round, the Airman and Family Readiness Center at Minot Air Force Base has several free services for Airmen and their dependents? Some people don’t take advantage of these opportunities, but there are two services in particular which go even more underutilized.
· Car Care Because We Care (for first-term Airmen E-4 and below and dependents)
- Provides a $50 voucher for a free oil and filter change (one time only)
- Free car lubrication
- Free vehicle safety check
To receive a free $50 voucher, call the AFRC to schedule a one-on-one appointment with a financial advisor.
· Give Parents A Break Program (For active duty, Air National Guard and reserve families)
- The program assists parents whose military sponsor is being deployed, on an extended temporary duty assignment, on a remote tour of duty or is deployed to the missile field
- Staff members assist on Fridays and Saturdays by helping children with homework or playing games and sports
- The program is also for commanders, first sergeants, chaplains and medical professionals to make referrals for families who need relief
- GPAB certificates for eligible parents can be obtained from the AFRC with a proper referral or orders
- GPAB child care packets may be obtained and completed at the child development center or youth center
For questions or additional information, call 701-723-2838.
Other Air Force Aid Society Programs offered through the AFRC include:
· Childcare for Permanent Change of Station
· Childcare for Volunteers
· Four Lenses training
· Emergency Financial Assistance
· Bundles for Babies
· Heart Link - Spouse Orientation
Don’t forget, all of these programs are free! For more information, contact the AFRC at 701-723-3950.