U.S. Air Force Airmen with the 5th Bomb Wing out of Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota, and U.S. Navy Sailors with the Naval Munitions Command Pacific CONUS West Division Unit Seal Beach (NMCPAC CWD Unit Seal Beach) out of Seal Beach, CA, supported a Bomber Agile Combat Employment (BACE) from Dec. 6
MINOT AIR FORCE BASE, N.D. – Going on alert and tripping out away from your home to a missile alert facility for a week every three weeks sounds daunting to most, but this life is normal for most of the 91st Missile Wing. For the men and women who support one of the nation’s most strategic assets
On December 30, 2021, an enlisted Warbird Airmen from the 5th Communications Squadron at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota was chosen for a prestigious opportunity to join the ranks of the Air Force’s commissioned officers.Staff Sergeant Theodore Banta, a 5th CS NCO in charge of the Mission Defense
This website, minot.af.mil, is the only official, publicly accessible site for Minot Air Force Base, the 5th Bomb Wing and the 91st Missile Wing.
This website is a means for the installation commander to keep Airmen and members of the general public informed of news and information affecting the installation.
Only information cleared for public release in accordance with Defense Department Web Policy and Air Force Instructions 35-107 and 33-129 will be posted. The guidelines on this page are intended to help members of the Minot AFB community submit appropriate information for publication on this site.
To view Web disclaimer policy, please click HERE.
For more information, call the Minot AFB Public Affairs Office at (701) 723-6212 or e-mail.
The Minot AFB's website is the commander's primary communication tool to transmit information to the base community. The following editorial policy guidelines apply to achieve this goal:
1. The website provides the commander a primary means of communicating mission-essential information to members of the organization. The commander normally defers all decisions on news propriety, story placement, publication date and use of photography to the Public Affairs Officer.
3. News coverage and content will conform to policies of the Air Force and the commander. News reporting will be factual and objective. News coverage will avoid morbid, sensational or alarming details not necessary to factual news reporting. News writing will distinguish between fact and opinion. When an opinion is expressed, the source will be identified. This public website will not publish commercial news or editorials.
4. This website will keep Airmen and members of the general public accurately informed about military matters affecting their futures. This will assist the commander in improving morale and quelling rumors.
5. News and editorial content will provide information to all members of the Minot AFB community to improve the quality of their lives and thereby the effectiveness of the work force. This includes officers, enlisted members, civilian employees, family members, retirees, Reservists and Guardsmen.
6. This website will de-glamorize the use of alcohol and tobacco products. Articles concerning the club, unit, or other activities may mention these products as long as the emphasis is on the activities and not the products.
7. This website will not display commercial advertising.
8. Event announcements published on this website must be made available to all readers without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical handicap, political affiliation or any other non-merit factor.
9. The contents of this website will conform to applicable regulations and laws relating to libel and copyright, the Air Force Privacy Act Program and Standards of Conduct, as well as U.S. Government printing and postal regulations.