This website, www.minot.af.mil, is the only official, publicly accessible site for Minot Air Force Base, the 5th Bomb Wing and the 91st Missile Wing.
This website is a means for the installation commander to keep Airmen and members of the general public informed of news and information affecting the installation.
For more information, call the Minot AFB Public Affairs Office at (701) 723-6212 or e-mail.
The Minot AFB's website is the commander's primary communication tool to transmit information to the base community. The following editorial policy guidelines apply to achieve this goal:
1. The website provides the commander a primary means of communicating mission-essential information to members of the organization. The commander normally defers all decisions on news propriety, story placement, publication date and use of photography to the Public Affairs Officer.
3. News coverage and content will conform to policies of the Air Force and the commander. News reporting will be factual and objective. News coverage will avoid morbid, sensational or alarming details not necessary to factual news reporting. News writing will distinguish between fact and opinion. When an opinion is expressed, the source will be identified. This public website will not publish commercial news or editorials.
4. This website will keep Airmen and members of the general public accurately informed about military matters affecting their futures. This will assist the commander in improving morale and quelling rumors.
5. News and editorial content will provide information to all members of the Minot AFB community to improve the quality of their lives and thereby the effectiveness of the work force. This includes officers, enlisted members, civilian employees, family members, retirees, Reservists and Guardsmen.
6. This website will de-glamorize the use of alcohol and tobacco products. Articles concerning the club, unit, or other activities may mention these products as long as the emphasis is on the activities and not the products.
7. This website will not display commercial advertising.
8. Event announcements published on this website must be made available to all readers without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, physical handicap, political affiliation or any other non-merit factor.
9. The contents of this website will conform to applicable regulations and laws relating to libel and copyright, the Air Force Privacy Act Program and Standards of Conduct, as well as U.S. Government printing and postal regulations.