Chief Master Sergeant Timothy J. Wieser is the Command Chief for the 5th Bomb Wing, Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota. He is the primary advisor to the Bomb Wing Commander on matters of readiness, professional development, health, welfare, discipline, quality of life, and force utilization. He ensures the wing’s Airmen are combat ready in support of B-52 bombers, providing long-range strike capability for combatant operations worldwide. Additionally, he is the host Wing Command Chief supporting over 12,000 active duty Airmen, families, and civilian personnel at the nation’s only installation housing two legs of the nuclear triad.
Chief Wieser enlisted in the United States Air Force in November of 1998. He has held a variety of key leadership and management positions at the squadron, group, and wing levels. His previous assignments include bases in Texas, South Korea, North Dakota, South Dakota, Alaska, Arkansas, Kuwait, New Mexico, and Georgia. He has also deployed in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM, PACIFIC ANGEL, and INHERENT RESOLVE. Prior to assuming his current position, he served as the Command Chief, 78th Air Base Wing, Robins AFB, Georgia.
2002 Airmen Leadership School, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
2002 Associate of Applied Science degree in Ecological Controls, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell
2007 Associate of Applied Science degree in Instructor Technology in Military Science, Community College of the Air Force,
Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2007 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2009 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
2009 Master and Community College of the Air Force Occupationally Certified Instructor Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Education, Wayland Baptist University, Wichita Falls, Texas
2009 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, by correspondence
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course II, by correspondence
2019 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2019 Command Chief Master Sergeant Training Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
1. November 1998 - December 1998, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. December 1998 - March 1999, Student, Technical Training School, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. March 1999 - July 2002, Utilities Systems Journeyman, 82d Civil Engineer Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas. (November
1999 - March 2000, Water Plant Operator, Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia)
4. July 2002 - July 2003, Utilities Systems Journeyman, 51st Civil Engineer Squadron, Osan AB, Republic of Korea
5. July 2003 - November 2005, Utilities Systems Craftsman, 5th Civil Engineer Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D. (May 2004 -
November 2004, Utilities Systems Craftsman, 732d Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Abu Ghraib Prison, Iraq)
6. November 2005 - November 2006, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Water Treatment Plant, 8th Civil Engineer
Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
7. November 2006 - October 2010, Section Chief, Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Course. 366th Training Squadron,
Sheppard AFB, Texas
8. October 2010 - February 2013, Infrastructure Superintendent, 28th Civil Engineer Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
(September 2011 - December 2011, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, District North,
Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
9. February 2013 - February 2016, Operations Engineering Superintendent, 773d Civil Engineer Squadron, Joint Base
10. February 2016 - February 2017, Squadron Superintendent, 19th Civil Engineer Squadron, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
11. February 2017 - January 2018, Superintendent, 386th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Southwest Asia
12. March 2018 - May 2019, Superintendent, 635th Materiel Maintenance Group, Holloman AFB, N.M.
13. May 2019 - November 2020, Command Chief, 78th Air Base Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. November 2020 - Present, Command Chief, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver oak leaf cluster
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal
2001 Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
2014 PACAF Civil Engineer Superintendent of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2016
(Current as of November 2020)