Colonel Glenn T. Harris is the Commander of the 91st Missile Wing at Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota. He leads more than 1,800 Air Force Airmen and Civilians in support of the nation’s land-based Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Force (ICBM). The wing operates, maintains, and secures 150 Minuteman III ICBMs, 15 missile alert facilities, and 150 remote launch facilities covering an 8,500 square mile area in central North Dakota. The wing provides global deterrence and defends America with the world’s premier combat-ready ICBM force.
Colonel Harris received his commission through the United States Air Force Academy in May 1995. Colonel Harris has served as Vice Commander, Air Force Inspection Agency, Chief of the Nuclear Surety Division at DTRA, the Director of the Air Force Global Strike Command Commander’s Action Group, an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Operations Support Squadron Commander, a Minuteman III analyst, the Assistant Director of Operations of the Western Range, the Chief of Twentieth Air Force Training and a Minuteman III Combat Crew Evaluator and Senior Instructor.
1995 Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs
1998 Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Central Michigan University
2000 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Certificate in Organizational Management, The George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Air Force Fellow-Sandia National Laboratories Technology Fellowship, Sandia National Laboratories, N.M.
2009 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Master’s degree in National Security Studies, National War College, National Defense University, Ft. McNair, Washington D.C.
1. July 1995 - January 1996, Student, Undergraduate Space/Missile Training and Initial Qualification Training Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Operations, 381st Training Group, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
2. February 1996 - July 2000, Senior Instructor Crew Commander, Chief Operations Simulator Training, Commander Evaluator, Deputy Evaluator, 91st Space Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
3. July 2000 - June 2002, Chief of Twentieth Air Force Training, Chief of Operations Training, 20th Air Force, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyo.
4. June 2002 - June 2003, Student, Air Force Intern, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
5. June 2003 - July 2006, Assistant Director of Operations, Current Operations Flight Commander, Range Operations Commander, 2d Range Operations Squadron, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
6. July 2006 - July 2007, Student, Air Force Fellow-Sandia National Laboratories Technology Fellowship, Sandia National Laboratories, N.M.
7. August 2007 - May 2010, Chief of ICBM Employment Analysis, HQ Air Force Space Command, Peterson A.F.B. Colo.
8. June 2010 - June 2012, Commander, 90th Operations Support Squadron, F.E. Warren A.F.B, Wyo.
9. July 2012 - June 2013, Director, Commander’s Action Group, Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
10. July 2013 - June 2014, Student, National War College, Fort McNair, Washington D.C.
11. June 2014 - January 2015, Deputy Chief, Nuclear Surety Division, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
12. February 2015 - July 2016, Chief, Nuclear Surety Division, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
13. July 2016 – July 2018, Vice Commander, Air Force Inspection Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
14. July 2018 – Present, Commander, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
Badges: Command Space Badge
Master Missile Operations Badge
Systems: Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile System
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Combat Readiness Medal with one oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with “N” Device with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Longevity Service with one silver leaf cluster
Air Force Training Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 31 May 1995
First Lieutenant 31 May 1997
Captain 31 May 1999
Major 1 September 2005
Lieutenant Colonel 1 March 2010
Colonel 1 April 2016
(Current as of July 2018)