Chief Master Sgt. Mark S. Brejcha is the command chief master sergeant for the 91st Missile Wing at Minot Air Force Base, N.D. He is the principle senior enlisted advisor to the commander on the morale, welfare, discipline, training, fitness and effective utilization of the wing's more than 1,600 combat ready personnel assigned to three groups and 10 squadrons. Chief Brejcha represents the senior enlisted corp with motivational speaking engagements and professional development forums with First Term Airman Center, Airman Leadership School and NCO Professional Development seminars.
Chief Brejcha grew up in Big Rapids, Michigan and entered the Air Force in May 1981. He completed technical training as a heating systems specialist and his background includes various positions within the Civil Engineer community.
From 1998 to 2002, Chief Brejcha was a First Sergeant for two different wings: Ellsworth AFB, S.D. and Dover AFB, Del. Chief Brejcha's deployments include Khobar Towers, Dharan, Saudi Arabia (1996); Tuzla, Bosnia (1999); and Bagram, Afghanistan (2006). He completed a remote assignment at Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea in 2005.
1986 Tactical Air Command NCO Leadership School, Shaw Air Force Base, S.C. 1990 United States Air Forces Europe NCO Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Federal Republic of Germany
1992 Associates Degree in Heating & Air Conditioning, Community College of the Air Force
1997 Air Force Senior NCO Academy, Gunter Annex, Ala.
1998 Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Associates Degree in Personnel Administration, Community College of the Air Force
1. May 1981 - June 1981, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2 July 1981 - September 1981, student, Heating Systems Technical Training School, Sheppard Air Force Base, Texas
3. September 1981 - July 1985, heating systems specialist/journeyman, 343rd Civil Engineer Squadron,
Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
4. August 1985 - June 1988, zone chief, Flightline Heating Systems, 363rd Civil Engineer Squadron,
Shaw AFB, S.C.
5. June 1988 - June 1992, NCO in charge, Prime BEEF Readiness, 52nd Civil Engineer Squadron,
Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
6. June 1992 - May 1994, NCO in charge, unit training, 305th Civil Engineer Squadron, Grissom Air Force Base, In.
7. May 1994 - November 1997, zone foreman/superintendent, Unit Training, 28th Civil Engineer Squadron,
Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
8. November 1997 - December 1999, first sergeant, 28th Transportation Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
9. January 2000 - June 2000, first sergeant, 37th Bomb Squadron, Ellsworth AFB, SD
10. June 2000 - March 2002, first sergeant, 436th Supply Squadron, Dover Air Force Base, Del.
11. April - August 2002, chief enlisted manager, 97th Civil Engineer Squadron, Altus Air Force Base, Ok.
12. September 2002 - May 2004, superintendent, 97th Mission Support Group, Altus AFB, Ok.
13. June 2004 - June 2005, chief enlisted manager, 8th Civil Engineer Squadron, Kunsan Air Base, Republic of Korea
14. June 2005 - October 2006, superintendent, 90th Mission Support Group, F.E. Warren Air Force Base, Wyo.
15. October 2006 - present, command chief master sergeant, 91st Missile Wing, Minot Air Force Base, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with one silver leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award (x9) with Valor device
Korean Service Medal
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with two service stars
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Kosovo Campaign Medal
NATO Medal - Bosnia
1986 David B. Reid Citizenship Award - NCO Leadership School, Shaw AFB, S.C.
1990 John L. Levitow Honor Graduate - NCO Academy, Kapaun AS, FRG
1997 James C. Binnicker Honor Graduate, First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Honor Graduate - Air Force First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 First Sergeant of the Year, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
2000 First Sergeant of the Year, Dover AFB, Del.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION:
Staff Sergeant July 1, 1985
Technical Sergeant July 1, 1988
Master Sergeant March 1, 1994
Senior Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 1998
Chief Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2002
(Current as of November 2007)