Col. Stephen Williams is the Commander, 91st Maintenance Group, Minot, ND and is responsible for maintaining and sustaining 150 Minuteman III ICBMs and launch facilities and 15 launch control facilities and leads a workforce of over 400 maintainers. Col. Williams grew up in rural Tennessee and Louisiana and began college in 1982 at Mississipi State University. He earned a Bachelor's Degree in mechanical engineering and was commissioned a Second Lieutenant through AFROTC Det. 425. Col Williams has served in a wide variety of jobs in both aircraft maintenance and munitions maintenance that include working field level maintenance on the A-10, F-16 and C-130, operational test and evaluation, technical training, MAJCOM and HAF staff and three squadron commands.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
1986 Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering,
Mississippi State University, Starkville, Miss.
1992 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Science degree in mechanical engineering,
New Mexico State University, Las Cruces, N.M.
2000 Air Command and Staff College, Sheppard
2007 Air War College, Misawa AB, Japan
1. October 1987 - March 1988, student, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Chanute AFB, Ill.
2. April 1988 - July 1990, Avionics Branch officer in charge, 353rd Aircraft Maintenance Unit officer in
Charge, Myrtle Beach AFB, S.C.
3. August 1990 - March 1991, Munitions Branch officer in charge, 354th Provisional Wing, King Faud IAP,
4. April 1991 - December 1991, Munitions Branch officer in charge, Myrtle Beach AFB, S.C.
5. January 1992 - March 1996, test director for Logistics, Air Force Operational Test and Evaluation
Center, Operational Test and Evaluation Team, Holloman AFB, N.M.
6. April 1996 - November 1998, 347th Equipment Maintenance Squadron supervisor, 70th Fighter
Squadron Maintenance officer, Moody AFB, Ga.
7. December 1998 - April 2001, Director of Operations, 363rd Training Squadron, Sheppard AFB, Texas
8. May 2001 - June 2003, Chief, Nuclear Weapons Branch, Headquarters U.S. Armed Forces Europe,
Ramstein AB, Germany
9. July 2003 - June 2005, Commander, 712th Munitions Squadron, Camp Darby, Italy
10. July 2005 - April 2007, Ccommander, 35th Maintenance Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
11. May 2007 - August 2007, Commander, 332nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Balad AB, Iraq
12. September 2007 - April 2009, Chief, Air Force Conventional Munitions, AF/A4MW, Pentagon, Va.
13. April 2009 - June 2011, Chief, Nuclear Weapons, Missile and Munitions Maint Division, Pentagon, Va.
14. June 2011 - Present, Commander, 91st Maintenance Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
1998 347th Fighter Wing Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Outstanding Company Grade Aircraft Maintenance Officer
2004 U.S. Armed Forces Europe Lt. Gen. Leo Marquez Outstanding Field Grade Munitions Officer
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Army Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant Oct. 26, 1987
First Lieutenant Mar. 15, 1989
Captain Mar. 15, 1991
Major Nov. 1, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2003
Colonel Dec. 1, 2008
(Current as of August 2011)