Chief Master Sergeant Geoff Weimer is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, North Dakota. He is responsible to the commander for the effective employment, professional development, good order and discipline of 3,620 personnel. As the wing's senior enlisted leader, Chief Weimer is the primary advisor to the installation commander on all matters concerning the welfare, morale, effective utilization, professional development and career progression of the enlisted force. He represents the commander on numerous base & local agency councils, committees, boards & civic functions. In addition, he communicates the wing's mission, vision, priorities, and commander's intent to all levels of senior leadership at America's only dual-wing, nuclear-capable base.
Chief Weimer entered the Air Force in August 1987 as an airlift aircraft maintenance specialist. He has an extensive background encompassing a variety of positions in aircraft maintenance and sustainment, flying operations, aerial demonstration, test and evaluation. Chief Weimer's first duty assignment culminated in his direct participation in Operation JUST CAUSE. He has since contributed to combat operations and homeland defense in support of Operations DESERT SHIELD, DESERT STORM, NOBLE EAGLE, IRAQI FREEDOM, and ENDURING FREEDOM. His service spans six major commands at the squadron, group and wing levels.
1991 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Pope AFB, N.C.
1998 Air Mobility Command Noncommissioned Officer Academy, McGuire AFB, New Jersey
2002 Associates Degree in Aviation Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Level 1 Acquisitions Certification, Defense Acquisitions University
2009 Senior Enlisted Joint PME, National Defense University
2011 The Gettysburg Leadership Experience, Gettysburg College, Penn.
2012 Strategic Mindset Seminar, Arlington, Va.
2012 Bachelor of Science degree in Organizational Management, Ashford University, Iowa
2012 Professional Managers Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2013 Keystone Joint Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University
1. August - October 1987, Basic Trainee, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1987 - Jan 1988, Student, Airlift Aircraft Maintenance Course, Little Rock AFB, Ark.
3. February 1988 - February 1990, Airlift Aircraft Maintenance Specialist, 61st Consolidated Aircraft
Maintenance Squadron, Howard AB, Panama
4. March 1990 - February 1993, Isochronal Inspection Area Chief and Coordinator, 317th Equipment
Maintenance Squadron, Pope AFB, NC (Deployed August 1990 - April 1991, Transient Aircraft
Maintenance Technician, Thumrait, Oman, Operations DESERT SHIELD and DESERT STORM)
5. March 1993 - April 1996, Flying Dedicated Crew Chief, 1st Special Operations Squadron,
Kadena AB, Japan
6. May 1996 - February 1997, Quality Assurance Inspector, 353rd Special Operations Group,
Kadena AB, Japan
7. March 1997 - June 1998, Maintenance Expediter, 305th Aircraft Generation Squadron,
McGuire AFB, N.J.
8. July 1998 - June 1999, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Deficiency Analysis, 388th Operations
Support Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
9. July 1999 - October 2000, Superintendent, Maintenance Operations Center, 388th Operations Support
Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
10. November 2000 - October 2001, Support Section Chief, 80th Fighter Squadron, Kunsan AB, Korea
11. November 2001 - August 2002, Aircraft Section Chief, 421st Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 388th Aircraft
Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
12. September 2002 - October 2003, Superintendent, F-16 West Coast Demonstration Team, 388th
Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
13. November 2003 - March 2005, Assistant Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, 421st Aircraft
Maintenance Unit, 388th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah (Deployed August 2004
January 2005, Aircraft Maintenance Unit & Squadron Superintendent, 332d Expeditionary Aircraft
Maintenance Squadron, Balad AB, Iraq)
14. April 2005 - October 2006, Superintendent, F-16 Technical Support, 508th Aircraft Sustainment
Group, Hill AFB, Utah
15. November 2006 - February 2008, Superintendent, 4th Aircraft Maintenance Unit, 388th Aircraft
Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah (Deployed August 2007 - January 2008, Aircraft Maintenance
Unit Superintendent, 332d Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Balad AB, Iraq)
16. February 2008 - July 2009, Operations Group Superintendent, Data Masked
17. August 2009 - June 2011, Wing Superintendent, Data Masked
18. July 2011 - June 2013, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 366th Fighter Wing,
Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
19. June 2013 - June 2014, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 386th Air Expeditionary Wing,
20. July 2014 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2004 388th Fighter Wing Gen Lew Allen Trophy
2005 Air Force Materiel Command Lt Gen Leo Marquez Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant Dec. 1, 2006
(CUrrent as of August 2014)