Colonel Myron L. Freeman commands the 91st Security Forces Group at Minot Air Force Base, N.D. He leads more than 700 Air Force men and women in support of the nation's deterrent objectives. They maintain the security of 150 Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles and 15 missile alert facilities located across the northwest part of the state. The missile complex stretches more than 8,500 square miles - an area approximately the same size as Massachusetts.
Colonel Freeman entered the Air Force in 1984 after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy. He has held a variety of assignments in the security police and security forces field. He has served in various security forces positions to include squadron commander and staff positions. Previous to this assignment, the colonel was the Provost Marshal, Headquarters, U.S. Air Force, Japan.
1984 Bachelor of Science in General Studies, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1987 Squadron Officer School in residence, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1991 Master of Arts in Public Administration, Golden Gate University, Calif.
1997 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 Master of Arts in Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. Jul 1984 - Sep 1984, Student, Security Police Officer Course, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Sep 1984 - Oct 1987, Shift Commander/Flight Commander/Chief, Enforcement and protective Services, 81st Security Police Squadron, RAF Bentwaters, UK
3. Oct 1987 - Jun 1991, Officer in Charge, Aircraft Security/Law Enforcement, Assistant Operations Officer
836th Security Police Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
4. Jun 1991 - Jul 1992, Chief, Security Police, Task Group 4.2 Forward, Naval Air Station Roosevelt Roads, Puerto Rico
5. Aug 1992 - Jul 1995, Chief, Air Defense Security, Headquarters Air Combat Command Security Police, Langley AFB, Va.
6. Jul 1995 - Aug 1996, Chief, Security Police Inspections, Headquarters Air Combat Command Security Police, Langley AFB, Va.
7. Aug 1996 - Jul 1997, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. Jul 1997 - Jun 1999, Commander, 11th Security Forces Squadron, Bolling AFB, Washington DC
9. Aug 1999 - Jun 2001, Commander, 355th Security Forces Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
10. Jul 2001 - Jun 2002, Deputy Director Force Protection, Headquarters Joint Task Force - Southwest Asia Force Protection, Prince Sultan Air Base, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia/Operation Enduring Freedom
11. Jul 2002 - Jun 2003, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
12. Jul 2003 - Jun 2006, Chief, Operations, Analysis and Training, Antiterrorism, Critical Infrastructure & Force Protection Division, Headquarters US Pacific Command/J34, Camp H.M. Smith, Hawaii
13. August 2006 - Jun 2007, Provost Marshal, Headquarters US Forces, Japan and Director, Security Forces, Headquarters 5th Air Force, Yokota Air Base, Japan
14. Jun 2007 - present, commander, 91st Security Forces Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with Device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1984
First Lieutenant May 30, 1986
Captain May 30, 1988
Major Apr 1, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel Nov 1, 2000
Colonel Jun 1, 2006
(Current as of June 2007)