Colonel Raytheon K. Scott commands the 91st Maintenance Group at Minot Air Force Base, N.D. He leads a diverse group of more than 450 military and civilian men and women who support the nation's deterrent objectives by maintaining 150 Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles and 15 missile alert facilities remotely located in an 8,500-square mile area of North Dakota.
Colonel Scott received his commission through the Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps program as a distinguished graduate from Alabama State University in 1982. The colonel was a Titan Intercontinental Ballistic Missile crew member then transitioned to missile maintenance in 1986. He has served in all levels of missile maintenance as was a squadron commander for the 30th Transportation Squadron at Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif. Most recently, the colonel was the chief of logistics, MILSATCOM, Space and Missiles System Center, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
1982 Bachelor of Arts degree, social work, Alabama State University, Montgomery, Ala.
1987 Squadron Officers School in correspondence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1995 Master of arts, human resource management and personnel administration, Webster University, Colorado Springs,
1998 Air Command and Staff College in correspondence
2003 Air War College in correspondence
1. March 1983 - July 1984, deputy commander, Titan intercontinental ballistic missiles, 373rd Strategic Missile Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
2. July 1984 - May 1985, instructor, Titan intercontinental ballistic missiles, 308th Strategic Missile Wing, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
3. May 1985 - October 1986, commander Titan intercontinental ballistic missiles, 373rd Strategic Missile Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
4. October 1986 - August 1987, complex maintenance officer and propellant transfer support officer, 308th Missile Maintenance Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
5. August 1987 - January 1990, chief, missile mechanics branch and chief, missile electrical branch, 44th Operational Missile Squadron, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
6. January 1990 - July 1992, officer in charge, scheduling control branch and officer in charge, job control branch, 44th Strategic Missile Wing, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
7. July 1992 - October 1992, chief, maintenance support, 44th Strategic Missile Squadron, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
8. October 1992 - April 1994, chief, vehicle equipment control flight, 44th Field Missile Maintenance Squadron, Ellsworth Air Force Base, S.D.
9. April 1994 - August 1996, chief, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile deactivation and chief, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile force structure, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
10. August 1996 - June 1998, generation flight commander, 91st Missile Maintenance Squadron, Minot Air Force Base, N.D.
11. June 1998 - August 1998, chief, quality Assurance, 91st Logistics Group, Minot Air Force Base, N.D.
12. August 1998 - July 2000, commander, 30th Transportation Squadron, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
13. July 2000 - May 2001, deputy commander, 21st Logistics Group, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
14. May 2001 - September 2004, director, U.S. Air Force Logistics Group Commanders Course, U.S. Air Force Maintenance Group Commanders Course and U.S. Air Force Wing Commanders Seminar, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
15. September 2004 - June 2006, chief of logistics, MILSATCOM, Space and Missile Systems Center, Peterson Air Force Base, Colo.
16. June 2006 - present, commander, 91st Maintenance Group, Minot Air Force Base, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal
Air Force Good Conduct Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second lieutenant Aug. 6, 1982
First lieutenant Aug. 6, 1984
Captain Aug. 6, 1986
Major Sept. 1, 1994
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 1999
Colonel Feb. 1, 2005
(Current as of February 2008)