Colonel Peter N. Micale IV commands the 91st Security Forces Group at Minot Air Force Base, ND. He leads more than 700 Air Force men and women in support of the nation's deterrent objectives. They maintain the security of 150 Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missiles and 15 missile alert facilities located scattered across the northwest part of the state. The missile complex stretches more than 8,500 square miles - an area approximately the same size as Massachusetts.
Colonel Micale entered the Air Force in 1980 and served as a missile combat crew member before cross training into the security forces career field. He has commanded an expeditionary mission support group, a technical training group, two security forces squadrons and a missile operation squadron. Additionally, he has served as an action officer at the major command and Air Staff level and as the executive officer to the Air Force Chief of Security Police. Prior to assuming his current position, he was the Director of Security Forces, Peterson AFB, Colo.
1980 Bachelors degree in Military History, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1985 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1985 Masters Degree in Business Administration, University of Montana, Great Falls, Mont.
1994 Federal Bureau of Investigation National Academy, Quantico, Va.
2002 Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. December 1980 - April 1981, Missile Combat Crew Initial Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
2. May 1981 - May 1985, missile combat crew member and instructor crew commander, Minuteman Missile System, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
3. June 1985 - November 1986, operations officer, 341st Security Police Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
4. November 1986 - June 1989, Chief, Advanced Missile Security Liaison, Detachment 2, Strategic Air Command, Norton AFB, Calif.
5. June 1989 - June 1991, Chief, Advance Programs Development Branch and Chief Current Operations Branch, Headquarters, Strategic Air Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
6. June 1991 - June 1992, Chief, Security Police, 7391st Munitions Support Squadron, Balikeshir, Turkey
7. July 1992 - July 1995, Air Staff actions officer, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. August 1995 - August 1996, Executive Officer to the Air Force Chief of Security Police, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. August 1996 - August 1998, Commander, 95th Security Forces Squadron, Edwards Air Force Base, Calif.
10. August 1998 - April 2000, Commander, 741st Security Forces Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
11. July 2000 - July 2001, Commander, 740th Missile Squadron, Minot AFB, N.D.
12. July 2001 - July 2002, ICAF student, Fort McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2002 - June 2004, Commander 37th Training Group, Lackland AFB, Texas
14. June 2004 - June 2008, Director of Security Forces, Peterson AFB, Colo.
15. July 2008 - present, Commander, 91st Security Forces Group, Minot AFB, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Legion of Merit
Bronze Star Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with three oak leaf clusters
Combat Crew Readiness Medal
National Defense Medal
South West Asia Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Ribbon
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant May 28, 1980
First Lieutenant May 28, 1982
Captain May 28, 1984
Major June 1, 1992
Lieutenant Colonel July 1, 1997
Colonel June 1, 2002
(Current as of July 2008)