Chief Master Sergeant Mark R. Clark is the 5th Bomb Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, Minot Air Force Base, N.D. As such, he is responsible to the installation commander for all matters concerning the health, welfare, morale, recognition, training, effective utilization, professional development, career progression, and combat readiness of the enlisted force. He represents the commander on numerous base and local agency councils, committees, boards, and at numerous military and civilian functions. In addition, he disseminates the commander's policies to all levels of senior officer and enlisted leadership at America's only dual-wing, nuclear-capable base.
Chief Clark entered the Air Force in August 1979 and served as an aircraft structural repair technician assigned to Strategic Air Command from 1980-1989 where he repaired B-52G/H, KC-135 A/Q, SR-71, U-2, TR-1, T-37 and T-38 aircraft. He also served as a special agent with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations from 1989-1994 where he investigated a myriad of crimes ranging from illegal narcotics to murder as well as performing counter-intelligence collections and anti-terrorism operations. He transitioned into the first sergeant career field in October 1994 and served as first sergeant for eight different squadrons, two deployed expeditionary mission support groups, and a combatant command. Chief Clark has deployed in support of operations Desert Storm, Desert Strike, Southern Watch and Iraqi Freedom. He has also provided direct support to operations Urgent Fury, Allied Force, Northern Watch, Enduring Freedom and Fundamental Justice.
2008 Bachelor's degree in criminal justice, American Military University, Charles Town, W.V.
2007 Executive Leadership Enhancement and Development (LEAD) Seminar, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2005 USAF Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2002 Command Chief and First Sergeant Bare Base Training Course, Silver Flag, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
2001 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1999 Senior Enlisted Equal Opportunity Workshop, Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute, Patrick AFB, Fla.
1999 Associate Degree in Applied Science, Aircraft Structural Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1998 Associate Degree in Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
1997 Associate Degree in Applied Science, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
1997 Commando Warrior Ground Combat Sustatinment Course, Osan Air Base, Republic of Korea
1993 AFOSI Tactical Operations Course, Indian Springs, Nev.
1987 Strategic Air Command Noncommissioned Officer Academy, March AFB, Calif.
1981 USAF Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory School, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
1. January 1980 - July 1985, aircraft structural repair technician, 68th Bomb Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB, N.C.
2. August 1985 - December 1989, quality assurance inspector, Fabrication Branch, 9th Strategic Reconnasiance Wing, Beale AFB, Calif.
3. December 1989 - July 1992, special agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Beale AFB.
4. August 1992 - October 1994, special agent, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Kadena AB, Japan
5. October 1994 - May 1997, first sergeant, 909th Air Refueling Squadron, Kadena AB
6. May 1997 - July 1998, first sergeant, 18th Security Forces Squadron, Kadena AB
7. August 1998 - December 1999, first sergeant, 509th Communications Squadron, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
8. January - May 2000, first sergeant, 393rd Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB.
9. May - August 2000, first sergeant, 9th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron, Ali Al Salem, Kuwait
10. September 2000 - May 2001, first sergeant, 393rd Bomb Squadron, Whiteman AFB.
11. June - December 2001, first sergeant, 39th Mission Support Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
12. January - August 2002, first sergeant, 39th Security Forces Squadron, Incirlik AB
13. September 2002 - April 2004, first sergeant, 509th Civil Engineer Squadron, Whiteman AFB.
14. April - November 2004, first sergeant, 732th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Balad AB, Iraq
15. November 2004 - July 2005, superintendant, 509th Operations Group, Whiteman AFB.
16. July 2005 - July 2007, command first sergeant, US Strategic Command, Offutt AFB, Neb.
17. July 2007 - present, command chief master sergeant, 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with star device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with star device
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
1987 Distinguished Graduate, Strategic Air Command NCO Academy, March AFB, Calif.
1999 509th Bomb Wing First Sergeant of the Year, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2001 Distinguished Graduate, USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 509th Bomb Wing First Sergeant of the Year, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
2003 Air Force Sergeants Association International, Region 8, "Sky High" Recruiter of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class August 16, 1979
Senior Airman April 1, 1981
Sergeant May 1, 1982
Staff Sergeant December 1, 1982
Technical Sergeant June 1, 1986
Master Sergeant February 1, 1992
Senior Master Sergeant April 1, 2001
Chief Master Sergeant May 1, 2005
(Current as of September 2008)