|COLONEL ROBERT VERCHER|
Colonel Robert J. Vercher is the Commander, 91st Missile Wing at Minot Air Force Base, N.D. where he leads more than 1,600 Air Force Airmen in support of the nation's land-based intercontinental ballistic missile force. The wing operates, maintains and secures 150 Minuteman III ICBMs, 15 missile alert facilities and 150 remote launch facilities covering an 8,500-square mile area in central North Dakota. The wing also maintains and operates eight UH-1N helicopters in support of missile field security. The wing provides global deterrence and defends America with the world's premier combat-ready ICBM force.
Col. Vercher entered the Air Force in 1992 following his graduation from Auburn University and commissioning through the Reserve Officer Training Corps program in 1991. His operational experience includes the Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile, and the Delta II space launch vehicle where he has served as an instructor, evaluator, senior standardization/evaluation commander, and staff officer at the Wing, Numbered Air Force, Major Command, Headquarters Air Force, Combatant Command, and Office of the Secretary of Defense levels. Col. Vercher has deployed in support of Operations IRAQI FREEDOM and ENDURING FREEDOM as the Director of Space Force's Theater Space Planner for Afghanistan.
Col. Vercher is a command space and missile officer, and a fully qualified joint specialty officer. Prior to his current assignment, Col. Vercher was the Commander, 90th Operations Group, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
1991 Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration-Accounting, Auburn University, Ala.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1998 Distinguished Graduate, Masters of Arts Degree, Computer Resource and Information Management,
2000 Masters of Arts Degree, Administrative Sciences-Organization Management, The George
Washington University, Washington D.C.
2004 Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk Naval Station, Norfolk, Va.
2005 Distinguished Graduate, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2005 Masters of Military Operational Art & Science Degree, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2010 Masters of National Security Studies, National War College, National Defense University, Ft. McNair,
2012 USAF Enterprise Leadership Program, Darden School of Business, Charlottesville, Va.
1. June 1992 - September 1992, Missile Combat Crew Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB,
2.. September 1992 - August 1996, missile combat crew, instructor, evaluator, senior
standardization/evaluation commander, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
3. August 1996 - October 1996, Spacelift Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB, Calif
4. October 1996 - July 1998, AF launch crew commander, chief of training 1st Space Launch Squadron,
Cape Canaveral Air Station, Fla.
5. July 1998 - May 2000, USAF Intern, action officer HAF Strategy & Policy Division, action officer OUSD
International Programs, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
6. May 2000 - May 2001, Space and Missile Staff Officer, emergency war orders instructor, wing executive
officer, 90th Space Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
7. May 2001 - May 2002, Aide-de-Camp to Twentieth Air Force commander, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
8. May 2002 - March 2004, action officer, United States Strategic Command, ICBM force employment
planner, ICBM operations officer, Strike Warfare Directorate, Offutt AFB, Neb.
9. April 2004 - June 2004, student, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk Naval Base, Va.
10. July 2004 - June 2005, student, Air Command & Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
11. June 2005 - February 2006, action officer, Command Lead Space Superiority Command and Control,
Headquarters Air Force Space Command, directorate of requirements, Peterson AFB, Colo.
12. February 2006 - May 2007, executive officer to the vice commander, AFSPC, Peterson AFB, Colo.
13. July 2007 - June 2009, Commander, 12th Missile Squadron, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
14. July 2009 - July 2010, student National War College, Ft McNair, Washington D.C.
15. July 2010 - June 2012, Commander, 90th Operations Group, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
16. June 2012 - Present, Commander, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
1993 Air Combat Command's Best Command Data Buffer Crew, Olympic Arena
1994 Air Force Space Command's Best Missile Combat Crew & Blanchard Trophy Winner, Guardian Challenge
1995 Air Force Association's Thomas S. Power Award Winner, Best ICBM Crew in the United States Air Force
EFFECTIVE DATES OF RANK
Second Lieutenant Dec. 13, 1991
First Lieutenant Mar. 1, 1994
Captain Mar. 1, 1996
Major Oct. 1, 2002
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2006
Colonel Oct. 1, 2010
(Current as of September 2012)